Wednesday, September 9, 2009

recall blog

Back in the day around about 8th grade my friends and I took a trip to ski liberty for my first time snowboarding. All of the friends i went with have already been snowboarding for years. So after we get out tickets we start walking to the moutain. So we passed the bunny hill and when i suggested to start on the bunny hill they all declined. I looked up that little hill and saw mostly little kids so i thought "ya i could just skip this little one". So after we pass the bunny hill, the next hill was the medium sized hill, i saw mostly kids my age and some people falling down so i thought i would fit in perfectly on this hill. But when i suggested this hill to my friends they all said "that hill is too flat and you cant get any speed". So after a little bit i realized that i was going to have to go up to the top of the whole thing because "you can get the most speed". So as were going up the lift and im tiring to act like ive done this a million times, I look down and see the people in the terrain park. This is the place of the moutain where you get to see people doing jumps and rails and all types of tricks. So as I see a mini x-games below me i turn to my friends and inform them there is no way im doing this for my first time. After they told me that we were going past that part i was a little more at ease. So as we get off the of top ski lift and strap in I tell my friends ill just try to follow them the best i can. So as we start going down this hill i started speeding faster and faster. To turn my friends told me to lean to the side you want to turn to, after tring to turn and stop for about 20 feet i realized that was not going to happen. So at this point i was pretty worried. I was goin to try and lean back slowly and try to just ease back and stop. As i was leaning back to slowly fall to the ground i ran over a small bump just big enough to kick my feet out from under me. At this point i dont know what to do and feel a wave of cold snow spraying up on my face. I fall on my back and am now so snowy my black jacket was mostly white. After i get up, shake off all the snow, and adjust my googles I look back and see my friends racing toward me. They all told me how crazy that looked and how much they thought it hurt. After a days full of runs like that i finnally got hang of it and kept going all year. Now i go snowboarding every winter and pay for it by working at ski liberty.

1 comment: